Internship Opportunity at The Hunza Times
Why be a Hunza Times intern? If you are thinking of entering the world of journalism and politics, an internship at the Hunza Times could be the ideal start for you. The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the Hunza Times.
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
The Hunza Times is an equal employment opportunity employer. We hire people with no discrimination of race, color, ethnicity, culture, language and etc. Our Core Values are Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Posting Title: INTERN – Journalist (Temporary Job Opening)
Duty Station: Worldwide/Online
Posting Period: 20 May 2021 – 20 August 2022
Job Opening Number: Hunza/hunzatimes/01/Intern
The internship is unpaid and full-time, and interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of the senior journalist of the internship.
The internship is for a minimum duration of three (3) months and can be extended up to six (6) months depending on the needs of the service.
The intern will:
- Will publish News, Content writing, coverage of news, compiling, removing plagiarism from the content, solve copyright issues and etc
- Provide assistance in drafting and preparing official documents, press releases and statements;
- Provide assistance in maintaining records and datasets;
- Attend and summarize conferences and meetings;
- Conduct research, including document, legal and internet searches;
- Provide assistance during conferences;
- Work on web presentations and social media presence;
- Fulfill other duties as required.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others, and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to the client.
To qualify for an internship with the Hunza Times, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- If you don’t have formal education but have a curiosity for journalism, then you are at the right place to be
Interested candidates must be pursuing or pursued their degree in areas related to this Job Opening.
In addition, interested candidates must:
– Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
– Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the Hunza Times and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and,
– Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the Hunza Times Internship Programme. Your training, education, advanced course work, or skills should benefit the Hunza Times during your internship.
English and Urdu are the working languages of the Hunza Times. For this internship, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
Potential candidates may be contacted by the hiring team directly if further information is needed during the review of their application.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates who have been short-listed will be contacted.
Completed Cover Letter, CV, and motivational letter are required.
No Fee is required at any stage.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The cover note must include:
– Date of availability.
– Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
– Graduation date (when will you be/have graduating/graduated from the program?).
– IT skills and programs that you are proficient in.
– Top three areas of interest.
– Explain why you are an excellent candidate for this specific internship.
– Explain your interest in the Hunza Times Internship Programme.
There should be no expectation of employment by the Hunza Times upon completion of the internship.
The Hunza times does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). the Hunza times does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
How to Apply;
Send Us Cover Letter, CV, and motivational letter to our official email . Click Here to apply